Monday, June 13, 2016

Announcement


Baby 3 is coming in December ❤️πŸŽ‰πŸ’™πŸŽ€πŸ’™πŸŽ€

When Max was in my belly, Zoe was barely 2 years old. Whe we announced to her that she was going to be a big sister, I really don't even remember what happened. I think she understood but didn't have an opinion one way or the other. Now, the kids are 5 and 3 and they understand what's going on. I want to record the events of the announcements to the kids because I don't want to forget! They were both beyond sweet and I don't think my heart has ever been fuller than that day. (Yet.) 

Max hears the beat
Mike and Max came with me to the 9 week ultrasound. Max had fun playing in the waiting room and was just oblivious as the tech got everything up on the screen. Once we saw the heartbeat, Mike said, "well, now is as good a time as any to tell Max." For some reason I had envisioned us telling the kids at the same time, but I said "ok". Our tech said, "wait- don't say anything yet - let him figure it out" and held up her index finger to pause our conversation. She then put the sound up so the little thump-thump could be heard. It took a few seconds but Max looked up from his employment and said "what's that?!?!" And we were able to tell him there is a new baby in Mommy's belly and he is going to be a big brother. His face beamed with excitement and joy. 
Later, I asked if he thought the baby was a boy or a girl and he said Boy. I also asked what he thought we should name the baby and he said "Boppa". 

Zoe gets the news
Later that afternoon I picked Zoe up from preschool. As we walked to the car and drove home, we proceeded to have the conversation:
Me: "Zoe baby, I have some exciting news!"
Zoe: "What is it?"
M: "You are going to be a big sister again- I have a new baby in my belly!"
Z (face lights up with a smile) "gasp!"
..
Z "but your tummy's not fat."
M "yes, the baby is still very tiny. It takes a loooong time to grow. My belly will grow slowly. The baby will be growing until almost Christmas."
Z "oh! Can I hold the baby?" 
M "of course."
Z "I'm going to teach the baby how to ride horses."
M "....ok. You don't know how to ride a horse but ok."
Z "it's a girl and we should name her Rosetta."

Later that evening the kids tried to see the baby through my belly button. Unsuccessful with their bare eyes, they grabbed a magnifying glass and tried their luck at that:

Best Husband in the World
Several weeks in, I was expressing some anxiety to Mike about how I felt so different this pregnancy and how I thought that meant there was something wrong with the baby. Mike always tends to say just the perfect thing when I'm feeling scared. Example:

Me: "This pregnancy is so different from the others I can't help but think the baby has Downs or something."
Mike: "well, if the baby has Downs, then we'll raise a child with Downs."

I love my husband. I love my family. I love life. πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ‘¨πŸ½πŸ‘§πŸΌπŸ‘¦πŸΌπŸ‘ΆπŸΌ

No comments:

Post a Comment