Thursday, April 4, 2013

Post 1: My day is swell, thank you.

Phae Feaga - an Introduction


I have a lot of interests.  I've wanted to start a blog for a long time but could not choose which topic of interest to write about.  So, instead of stalling any more trying to decide, I'm just going to write about it all.
Some of those interests include:
  1. Mike Feaga: my super-awesome, super-hot, red-head, interesting, smart, hilarious, sassy (yes, I know that's a word typically reserved for females), frugal, non-mainstream, loving, thoughtful husband.
  2. Zoe Feaga: our adorable, hilarious, smart, blue-eyed "crazy woman" (Mike's words, repeated by Z.)
  3. Health and Wellness: a HUGE category which includes but is not limited to:
    • preparing and eating delicious, quick, nutritious meals
    • reading blogs about preparing and eating delicious, quick, nutritious meals
    • running (not so much right now, you try running with a watermelon on your bladder)
    • yoga (the physical as well as mental/spiritual aspects)
    • any free forms of exercise - having a 2-yr-old gives you new ideas about exercise
    • reading books, blogs, the dictionary... "I like to break a mental sweat, too"
    • spending quality time with family - near and far (thanks, FaceTime!)
  4. Spirituality: this is an aspect of wellness, of course, but it deserves its own number.  I was baptized as an infant into the Orthodox Christian church and grew up with an almost-inherent understanding of my faith.  Now, I love to explore/re-learn/practice the traditions and theology of the ancient faith in a new light as an adult.
  5. Living frugally: Mike and I love to challenge "the norm" when it comes to The American Dream (used very loosely, as I'm aware there really isn't such a thing as one standard American Dream) of obtaining stuff (nice cars, nice clothes, nice house) in order to obtain happiness in life.  In fact, we believe the opposite - by focusing on the non-stuff... stuff, you are focusing on what truly brings happiness and fulfillment.
One of the main goals I have for this blog is to hold myself accountable to the above interests.  Because if I'm honest, they aren't really "interests" so much as "my whole life" - and I want to be the kind of person who practices what they preach - every day (hence the name of the blog) - which then translates into a month, a year, and a lifetime.  By sharing things with an audience (even if it's only my Facebook-savvy dad...Hi Dad!) on a regular basis, I will hopefully be able to reinforce these principles within myself. 
Thank you for helping me, and hopefully I can help you, too!


xoxo Phae

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the pic! Hooray for Post 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My fabulous dad took took the pic :)

      Delete
  2. I love it, I think it's good to keep your options open and not be too limited to one topic. The blog is a good place to grow personally and through suggestions, thoughts, and ideas of others. Would love to collaborate with you on some posts/do guest posts on each others blogs. I think your blog could really help me develop my own wellness philosophy in a deeper way. xxxxx!!
    www.greetingsfromnolandia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I would love to collaborate with you on your blog... you definitely have a lot to teach me :)

      Delete