Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Working on Wellness: May Yoga Challenge!

My new friend Alex has a great idea for a fitness challenge:  Can you do some yoga every day in the month of May?

Check out details on her blog Greetings from Nolandia (also check out her other posts - she's super inspiring when it comes to eating well and staying fit!)  I am going to do a modified version of her challenge, with my goal being 25 minutes of yoga every day.

Zoe is going to help me - check out how well she can do plank:
My mini yogi

Because I love being frugal, I'm going to forgo the $15-20 classes and do my yoga at home (or in the office...)  I have a few videos that I can use.  Also, I have the "Simply Yoga" App on my iPad (I sprung for the full version at all of $2.99) which has several 20, 40, and 60 minute guided sessions.  I could also just make up my own sequences of all my favorite poses.  I'm also going to make sure that 5 of the 25 minutes are prayer/medidation minutes.  I'm going to use The Jesus Prayer to help even out my breathing (an old trick of mine): breath in - - "Lord Jesus Christ" - - breath out - - "Son of God" - - breath in - - "have mercy on me" - - breath out - - "a sinner"

Anyone else want to join in the May challenge?  What will be your adaptation?
xoxo Phae

3 comments:

  1. You are inspiring Phae!
    While Yoga is not (yet?) my thing maybe I can try a different form of exercise/movement for my own challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Love tha you were able to use that photo! How's your challenge going? Mine has been...challenging. Ahh, there is just so much to do. But when I force myself to stick to it, I always leave the mat a little bit happier.
    Can we see each other soon?
    xxxxxx miss you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My challenge so far has mostly entailed inversion poses to try and get my breech baby to flip from head-up to head-down. I am already looking forward to being able to do things like cobra again!
      Keep up the good work - - and I miss you too!
      xoxo Phae

      Delete